A traditional accompaniment to your Santa Maria Tri-tip steak, this salsa brings a fresh celery crunch to your table.
- 3–4 ripe roma tomatoes (about 1/2 lb), cored and diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 poblano pepper, diced fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt (see notes)
- Mix everything together in a small bowl.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for 30 mins to an hour to let the flavors meld.
- I prefer Diamond Crystal kosher salt, but Morton’s is good too. If using Morton’s kosher salt, use about half as much since it is saltier by volume than Diamond Crystal.